Foundations of Project ManagementName: Foundations of Project ManagementDate: September 25, 2017Time: 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM PDTEvent Description:
Project management skills are essential in a wide variety of professional roles, and can even be a wonderful asset in your personal life.
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of project management, approaching it from the standpoint of managing a single, stand-alone project that is small- to medium-sized. You’ll work through the project lifecycle using the same steps you’ll use when you’re managing a real project.
During this course, we’ll cover the following:
- Project life cycles from initiation through planning, executing, controlling, and closing
- Project charters
- Creating a WBS
- Network diagramming
- Finalizing the project plan
- Scope management
- Stakeholder identification
- Cost management
- Scheduling and schedule management
- Earned value measurement
- Change control
- How to use MS Project as an effective planning, scheduling, and tracking tool
This course’s curriculum is based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) and provides the foundation for your training to become PMP certified.
- News & Deals
- Economic Development